[Athen] video magnifiers for distance

foreigntype at gmail.com foreigntype at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 12:55:28 PST 2022

Christina, et al.

For some students, a quick, inexpensive way to provide a document camera
for a student with low vision like this might work. We can use the
student's smartphone, a small flexible desktop tripod for the phone, a USB
connector, the student's laptop, & a screen sharing app. The student can
use screen enlargement on their laptop as needed and they have the option
of taking screen shots to save info from the whiteboard. The screen sharing
app on the smartphone projects the image to their laptop screen.

Here is a link for more information:
https://practicaledtech.com/2021/01/11/how-to-use-your-phone-as-a-document-camera/
<https://practicaledtech.com/2021/01/11/how-to-use-your-phone-as-a-document-camera/>

Hope this makes sense!

Wink Harner
Accessibility Consultant/Alternative Text Production
The Foreign Type

Portland OR
foreigntype at gmail.com
480-984-0034

This email was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Please forgive
quirks, misrecognitions, or errata .