[Athen] Reading MathJax with JAWS

Mary J Ziegler maryz at mit.edu
Thu Mar 30 13:00:19 PDT 2023

Hi George, Joshua, Louis (and any other replies I missed),

Thank you so much for this detail!

I was aware that NVDA/MathCAT is the optimal solution for reading MathJax, but I must say I was unaware JAWS may read the math inaccurately or incompletely. The student is rather attached to JAWS, but I will share this limitation and recommend NVDA for math courses. I can't in good conscience recommend JAWS if the math will not read properly. The equations in the course I am helping with are rather complex and I need all the notation to be announced.

Mary