[Biostudent] Student Activity- Bird Friendly UW

Biology Advising bioladv at uw.edu
Thu Mar 9 14:26:57 PST 2023

The Bird Friendly UW
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.birdphilic.com/csf-project__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!ixT-d3QLm1HzEVI1liVV32FbMlxlOf-mRzg04jjsJ5wB8q6NvQXPUah5FDb7Zfc5mE6RHrdyOVdSw8PM$>
project,
a CSF <https://csf.uw.edu/> funded effort to reduce bird collisions on
campus. The project is based around UW's campus and monitors
bird collisions with buildings in order to support our long term goal of
finding design based solutions and identifying which species in our area
are most vulnerable to collisions.

To carry out this research our project needs student volunteers to walk
collision monitoring routes for one 90-minute shift a week. Volunteering
with us is a great way for students to practice bird identification and
engage with urban wildlife, while also gaining experience in a research
setting*.* Next quarter we will also be offering a class, ARCH 499:
*Conservation
Design – Preventing Bird Building Collisions (*Meeting Time: Wednesdays
6:30 - 8 PM) for students interested in learning more about preventing bird
collisions, sustainable architecture, and urban conservation efforts.

For more info, please check out the website : Bird Project
<https://www.birdphilic.com/csf-project>

Volunteer Sign-up: Volunteer Sign Up Sheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gvz44vQlM2a0bBb2aS4UX4sk52cl3fB6t6kc-BxUw6w/edit#gid=0>
Questions? Email Judy: JBowes2 at uw.edu

--
*Biology Advising *
University of Washington, *BOX* 355320

*Zoom drop-in advising hours (10-15 min meetings):*

Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

*Join Zoom Meeting *https://washington.zoom.us/j/97207369544
Advising Sessions via EMAIL, PHONE, and ZOOM. In person advising available
by appointment only.

Please include your name and student number in your emails.