[Biostudent] Counseling Center updates

BIOLOGY bioladv at uw.edu
Mon Oct 9 13:41:53 PDT 2023

Counseling Center updates

Hi everybody,

As the school year gets under way, I want to highlight a couple services and updates from the Counseling Center. Please share with your students and communities.

[A red and green logo of two conversation boxes joined together. Red text in between them reads: LET'S TALK.]
Let's Talk<https://wellbeing.uw.edu/virtual-lets-talk/> allows you to drop-in to talk with a counselor.
Tuesdays 2-4pm Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center
Wednesdays 2-4pm Q Center, 315 HUB
Fridays 2-4pm CIRCLE, 250 Schmitz
We also have a Let's Talk for Referrals<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtfumpqjkrGdHu2G5lL_HMXCcMloIoez28__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!iSCFrJgYV5_5ne_UgU4qO-UIVIqqDohIMCJ8uLG-6urkLsFxyxbsl7FFuEK6491YesObpM87s3o0bwZdJINm9Mo$> to mental health providers off campus, and a Let's Talk for Survivors<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/washington.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMrc-mgqDwrE9Jr2sM5ibeaE3VJXvmWzg7u*/registration__;Iw!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!iSCFrJgYV5_5ne_UgU4qO-UIVIqqDohIMCJ8uLG-6urkLsFxyxbsl7FFuEK6491YesObpM87s3o0bwZdveXqDJM$> of sexual and/or relationship violence.

[Photo by UW Counseling Center on October 03, 2023. May be a graphic of poster and text that says 'UW COUNSELING CENTER WORKSHOPS & GROUPS NEW GROUPS GROUP THERAPY MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION WORKSHOPS & DROP-IN GROUPS @uwcounseling'.]
Group therapy provides students the space to get support from, and help mutual growth with fellow students sharing similar experiences or identities. Here are some groups with current openings:

* Children of Immigrants Support Group
* Tired but Wired: CBT for Insomnia
* Understanding Self and Others
* Umoja: Support Group for Black and Latine Womxn Graduate Students
Check out our Groups<https://wellbeing.uw.edu/mental-health/groups-workshops-trainings/> page for descriptions and a list of all the groups. Groups typically have openings at the beginning of the quarter. To join a group, call 206-543-1240.

[cid:image003.png at 01D9FAB6.5B8931D0]
We are starting an Advisory Board for the Counseling Center this year get input from the campus about student mental health needs. The QR code above is for the student application. We also have a staff and faculty application<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/forms.office.com/r/7KHmdQdmrn__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!iSCFrJgYV5_5ne_UgU4qO-UIVIqqDohIMCJ8uLG-6urkLsFxyxbsl7FFuEK6491YesObpM87s3o0bwZdRezn7Ko$> as we want your voice represented on our advisory board too!

[A drawing of a dog that has number for 24/7 crisis support at 206.616.7777]
Husky Helpline<https://wellbeing.uw.edu/huskyhelpline/> provides same-day access to a counselor via phone or online chat. It operates 24/7 in multiple languages.

[A PICTURE OF THREE THERAPY DOGS NAMED "LUKE TARA AND IVY" WITH THEIR SCHEDULES]

Follow us on Instagram<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.instagram.com/uwcounseling/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!iSCFrJgYV5_5ne_UgU4qO-UIVIqqDohIMCJ8uLG-6urkLsFxyxbsl7FFuEK6491YesObpM87s3o0bwZd7RHWtw8$>
[Instagram - Wikipedia]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.instagram.com/uwcounseling/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!iSCFrJgYV5_5ne_UgU4qO-UIVIqqDohIMCJ8uLG-6urkLsFxyxbsl7FFuEK6491YesObpM87s3o0bwZd7RHWtw8$>

Natacha
Natacha Foo Kune, Ph.D.
Director
University of Washington Counseling Center
401 Schmitz Hall, 1410 NE Campus Parkway
Seattle, WA 98195-5830
206.543.1240 | washington.edu/counseling