[Athen] audio described graduation ceremony

glen walker glen.walker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:42:31 PDT 2021

Audio descriptions are typically needed if there's something being
presented that is not vocalized. Do you have an example of what would need
to be described for a commencement ceremony? If someone is speaking, then
the audio of the speech itself is essentially the AD. A transcript of the
speech is also helpful. But if one speaker introduces another speaker, is
there anything to describe between the speakers?

If part of the ceremony has a video presentation that just has music and no
words, then that might need AD.

I know you're asking *how* to handle AD and not *why* they're needed. The
*why* should be somewhat irrelevant. I'm just trying to think of where AD
would be needed in a commencement ceremony.